Sunday, June 3, 2012

One month pictures and highlights

A few pictures from the day she turned one month old compared to her picture on day one.

May 2, 2012
June 2, 2012





Kiri's first month highlights:
* Started out being told by every nurse and doctor how beautiful she was.
* Wore cloth sunglasses for a little jaundice treatment
* Loves tummy time
- Will turn her head side to side up to 10 times
- Will happily do tummy time for 20 minutes
- Figured out how to turn herself in a semi-circle
- Took her first scoot forward launching herself from knees and elbows
* Loves bath time
* Was 6lbs 15 oz at 2 week pediatrician visit, surpassing her birth weight
- Pediatrician called her a very active baby
* Got visitors from far away including her Oma and Gpa, Grandpa and Grandma, Great Aunt and Great Uncle and cousins once removed
* Got lots of local visitors and bringers of delicious meals

Mom's reflections:
Wow. Look at how much she has grown and changed already.
She is sleeping more at night which makes for a happier mommy and daddy.
For such a small package, she burbs like a sailor. (Really, it echos in our house)
She is a standout at tummy time, but advanced as I might think she is, she seems to think milk comes from her right hand when she is hungry. We have to do a little battle to get her bottle to her.
I am way more patient as my baby's manicurist than for caring for my own nails.
Having meals brought over by friends has been a real help and a real treat. Thanks!
Becoming a mom has been great and I really love seeing my husband become a dad.
I loved my first mother's day as a mom and it was so special to have my own mom arrive that day.
I love my daughter and I love taking care of her and figuring out what she wants and needs.






No comments:

Post a Comment